The Beardall Family 2009

The Beardall Family 2009

Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Release...

After 3.5 years I was released today (Sunday, October 25, 2009) as Young Women President. I have loved this calling with all my heart and then some. It has given me the opportunity to strengthen my testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ and has blessed me with the opportunity of serving with the most amazing women. I have learned so much from them through their examples. And best of all I have had the pleasure of knowing and loving the most spectacular girls. They are strong and beautiful and give me hope for the future! It has been the busiest calling I have ever had and has brought the most joy as well. I will miss my weekly association with everyone and feel a bit lost. It's hard to remember what I used to do before my time was consumed with planning and attending weekly activities, organizing meetings, attending meetings, girls camp, youth conference, and having so much fun in the process! Jan Anderson, my former 2nd Counselor is the new president. She will be fantastic and I know the girls are in great hands!

I have loved being so close to Courtney and so involved in everything she does with the YW. It's hard to believe that she will be 16 and a Laurel in April - she turned 12 a month after I was put in the YW in March 2006. I have been hoping for a change for a while and know it's the right time, but now that it's actually happened my heart is a bit sad. Tim and I have been called to be the Activities Committee Chair people - basically planning the ward parties and some other activities. I'm looking forward to working with Tim and having a bit more free time to pursue the things I love to do.

I am so grateful for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have grown from my opportunity to serve the YW and for that I'm so blessed! Thanks to all those in my life that have helped me the past 3.5 years. Like they say...it takes a village. I couldn't have served without so many people to help with my children when I have been gone for days at a time during the summer months, for Girls Camp and Youth Conference. Between my family (my sweet mom and my Tim-man in particular) and friends they have given countless hours over the years. So, thank you so much!

It's been quite a ride and life is good!

My Presidency - Alyse, Jan, Me and Neely
How I love these ladies - we have had such fun
together!

Alyse, Cindy, Me, Neely and Jessica

My many sweet and beautiful girls...

Our last activity together - Laser Tag

Having fun after laser tagging -

Gonna miss you!

2 comments:

GLWallace said...

As you said in one of your quotes "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying... "I will try again tomorrow." Though it is hard sometimes to move on courage comes from knowing the lives you have touched, the lessons you have both learned and taught and the friendships that will last a lifetime. Thank you for sharing your testimony.

April said...

I swear I was the most emotional during your release, and I am not even in the YW's! I always have a hard time with change, and I know how much you guys put into your calling. So I cry for you guys. You did a great job! You deserve a break. You are right, Jan and her counselors will be great too.