The Beardall Family 2009

The Beardall Family 2009

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School

Okay...The first day of school for Courtney and Alec was last week on August 19th. Court started high school at Salem Hills and that is bizarre! How did she get that old? Alec started 4th grade. Both went out the door happy and excited - Mom was a little sad, but no tears were shed. THEN...one week later, Matthew starts Kindergarten. Oh my, I thought I would be just fine, but my heart felt heavy and I could feel the tears coming. When Matt is nervous he puts his little hands in his pockets and slowly walks into the situation he is nervous about. So off he goes with his hands in his pockets. He is so brave and I'm standing there like a big boob! This is my baby!!! I'm holding it together until I see my neighbor who's wife passed away a couple of months ago. He's bringing his little girl to Kindergarten too - His little girl is having a bit of a hard time letting go of dad. At that point I'm headed to the car...talk about losing it! I talked with the dad in the parking lot and we cried for a minute together. I'm so grateful to be here to take my baby to school with a mostly happy heart, and I'm grateful for good dad's who carry on when it must be ever so hard at times!

Matthew my baby boy...how handsome!

My little Happiness...

He didn't ride his bike to school, but Alec had
his picture taken on his bike the first day, so
Matt wanted a picture just like his big brother!

Sitting at his table...

Big Al ready to head out the door...

My Sunshine Boy...

Riding to school...

My beautiful girl Courtney

Our Sweet-Pea & Princess...all grown up!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

They are so cute! I can't believe Court started High School! I remember her being 5 and spinning in her pretty dresses!! Alec is getting so big and I can't believe Matthew is in kindergarten. How time flies!I don't blame your for crying. I cried a little on my kids first day too. Who wouldn't loose it at well after seeing the dad with his little girl. What strength the must have to move forward and lean on each other and the people around them. The kids look great too in their new digs!

Ann said...

All I can say is...WOW! Courtney is so pretty, Alec is so cool and that Matt is just the biggest ray of sunshine. You are so lucky to have such great kids, but they are even more lucky to have such a great mom.

Amber said...

The kids all look so cute. You better lock Courtney up now before the boys get to her!

Jaden has the same shirt that Matt is wearing!

Terri French said...

Christine,
Your family is beautiful. I can't believe how much they have grown.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how old the kids have gotten and I regret not being able to get to know them better. You have a great family Tim and Christine. Courtney is stunning!