The Beardall Family 2009

The Beardall Family 2009

Friday, January 2, 2009

Annual SLC Christmas Trip

Twenty years ago my Mom started a tradition during the month of December. She takes my sister Cynthia and me to Salt Lake City for the weekend to Christmas shop. It started out as just an overnighter but grew into a full weekend event. We leave early Friday morning and return late Sunday afternoon. We always go to the Kurt Bestor concert on Saturday and then to Music and The Spoken Word on Sunday morning. It is a treasured time for us to re-connect and spend precious time together - without kids or husbands. The past few years we have invited our daughters to join us for dinner and the concert and then they are quickly sent on home. :-)
I truly love this weekend with my dear mom and sister. It is really the only time we spend time
together with just the three of us. It becomes even more dear as the years pass and our families change - as life gets busier and children grow up, sadly we spend less and less time together. Mom puts us up in a beautiful hotel - it was always the Inn at Temple Square until it was torn down a couple of years ago, now it's Little America. Momma Char treats us right and we have the greatest of times, laughing, eating out, shopping, movies, the concert and we finish up with a wonderful spiritual morning on Temple Square. I so love and enjoy this weekend each year!


Cynthia & Mom

Kamie, Melissa & Courtney

We stopped at Mike's swim meet while on our trip

Macaroni Grill before the concert
Me and Mom in our room at Little America

Courtney & Grandma waiting to eat at Macaroni
Grill before the Kurt Bestor Concert

Me and my Sis

Cynthia and Mom - what a lovely room!

Me, Courtney, Kamie, Char, Melissa, Tiffany,
Cynthia at the concert

5 comments:

Ann said...

I would love this tradition with my mom and sisters. What a great thing you all do. Don't let it slip away from you, ever!

Deanne said...

What a great way to spend time together. I have always felt a little cheated because I never had a sister. Maybe I can start this same tradition with my daughters. You and Cynthia are so lucky to have such a great relationship and such a wonderful Mom!

Deanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cynthia rees said...

Oh my sister....what fun to see your photos. Is it time to go again???!!! Love you.

Charleen Vest said...

Wasn't that fun! Even with the snow storm and walking so far in the cold, it was just a fun evening,bless Kurt Bestors heart!
I hope we can keep going for years to come, I love getting you both off to myself, as those times are pretty few and far apart these days, as lives become so busy and little ones grow up.
I Love you both
Mom