The Beardall Family 2009

The Beardall Family 2009

Friday, January 2, 2009

Jonas Brother's Concert

Several months back I decided I wanted to surprise Courtney with an early Christmas present and take her and a friend to Las Vegas to see the Jonas Brother's in concert. Courtney has been begging to see them for a couple of years but I just kept telling her she was too young to go to a concert. The day I was on the computer buying the tickets she came into the room and I told her I was Christmas shopping online and that she couldn't see the screen. I told her she was going to love what I just bought, then she said "well unless it's Jonas tickets it's probably not that great." I then said "Oh you're probably right, it's not quite as good as that - he he he."

We told the kids we were going to California the day after Thanksgiving for a little trip, but actually we were headed to Las Vegas. I thought that if I told them the truth Courtney would figure it out. We told her she could take a friend and she invited Bethany Holmgren. So off we went and stayed at the Planet Hollywood Hotel - the newspaper's were full of news about the concert, so I tucked the tickets in the newspaper and handed it to Courtney and told her there was a great article about the Jonas Brother's in it. When she opened it (or actually when Bethany opened it, because Court was messing with her Ipod) she just stared at the tickets and and "WHAT THE HECK!" Then she said "I need a new outfit!"

I took them to the concert after nearly getting squished to death in the t-shirt line. 12,000 teenage girls is quite the sight! It was so much fun to surprise her and come to find out, Bethany knew all along (she was going to back out of coming when their basketball coach called a practice over the Thanksgiving break. Her Mom had to tell her of the plan so she would still come with us) but didn't spill the beans. Way to keep a secret Bethany! The only one that felt ripped off was Alec, he really wanted to go to California! All in all it was a fun trip, the girls also had fun going to Madame Tussaud's Wax museum while Tim took the little boys swimming. They took lot's of fun pictures and definitely made some memories.


At the MGM Grand right before the concert

Right after we surprised them with the tickets

Bethany and Courtney watching TV in the hotel

Courtney watching the Jonas Brother's
on TV on Thanksgiving day...little did
she know, she would be at their concert
2 days later!
Need I say more...

1 comment:

candice said...

What a fun surprise!!! I can't believe you braved a concert with 12.000 screaming teenage girls!! NO WONDER you needed a weekend with your mom and sis... to recover from the concert! It is such a great tradition, keeps you close, sounds so wonderful!!