The Beardall Family 2009

The Beardall Family 2009

Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend

It was a beautiful rainy fall weekend - just the kind I love! It was great to watch and listen to conference and feel uplifted and sometimes chastened. :-) That makes us grow right? Tim's parents Carole and Bernell were here visiting and it was so nice to spend time with them and catch up. I actually don't know if they will ever want to come again since Alec and Matthew were acting as if they have never been taught any manners! Arguing, back-talking and basically being obnoxious as ever. Why do kids do that? All I can say is HOORAY for Monday morning! School is a beautiful thing. In between sessions we rode up Payson canyon to see the gorgeous fall leaves. We took some great photos and really enjoyed the ride. The ranchers were gathering their herds off the mountain - we got up close and personal!

Also this week, Matthew has been obsessesed with Halloween and the costume box. He has practically lived in his Hulk costume! He and his friend Joseph have been in the costume box and having a ball. Who knew little boys liked to play dress up too?! I should have kept all of Courtney's stuff...ha ha ha.

Also - some new favorites to tell you about. You really must take your family to see "Forever Strong" it is a wonderful family movie with a great message. Filmed right here in Utah County too! Also, a great little place to grab a bite to eat is "The Model A Cafe" in Mapleton. Delicious food, darling cafe and great service. The serve breakfast all day and also have a great lunch and dinner menu. We will definitely go again.




Grandma & Grandpa Beardall with Courtney,
Alec & Matthew




The leaves looked like ornaments
on the tree's - gorgeous!


MOO!


Joseph & Matthew

4 comments:

Ann said...

Christine, I LOVE YOUR BLOG! What a neat weekend, I bet the colors were unbelievable. It's just starting to chang here where we are but we won't see the dramatic shifts since we have mostly pine trees. I just love the crisp temps, especially at night hooray for the quilt on the bed!

Nikki said...

I love the changing leaves too. I don't know if I am ready for the cold yet, but I guess I can't stop it! I still can't get over how big the kids are! Time does fly quickly!! Glad to hear your boys are doing the exact same thing as mine!! Good to know we are not alone in our trials..especially when we want to beat them!! :)

Amber said...

I am glad my kids aren't the only ones who do that when their grandparents come. But luckily your parents are used to it by now. Your pictures are so cute and the leaves are beautiful.

Carole said...

Hi, the pictures turned out just great, ours did too. Yes, we would come again!! We had kids once too, I don't think kids have changed much they are all alike sometimes. Cute pix of Matthew and Joseph.joybwpl